Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review: Revlon Creme Illuminance Quads

Hi everyone! ;D

Today I will be reviewing the Revlon Creme Illuminance Quads in "Not Just Nudes" and "Skinlights". Let's start with the colors of each quad:

Not Just Nudes (from left to right) - A fair, matte, skin-tone shade, a shimmery nutty color, a sheer, matte milk chocolate, and lastly, a deep dark-chocolate color.

Skinlights (from left to right) - A skin tone peachy matte shade, a peachy, bronze, reddish color with gold undertones and shimmer, a shimmery creamy vanilla, and a light shimmery baked brown.

Price and Amount of Product - I purchased these quads last summer on a BOGO or a buy one get one 50% off sale. The price of the pallet ranges from $5.00-$7.00. Additionally, you get 0.12 oz or 3.4 g of product in each quad.

Overview and what these are: Each pallet comes with four creme eye shadows. Not Just Nudes contains a mix of 50% shimmery shades and 50% matte shades, Skinlights contains one matte shade, and three shimmery colors. These creme shadows may be used to create a look standing alone, or may be used to act as an adhesive base for one's powder shadows to be placed on top. Some people even use these to highlight!

Like(s): I LOVE to use these creme shadows as bases for my eye shadows! They provide a great base for them and allow them to last all day without creasing. I haven't tried using them as highlighters, but I recommend trying as they do last all day when applied sheerly.
Pros - Great bases, wide variety of colors, highlighters

Dislike(s): I absolutely hate these shadows when applied alone. They crease in no more than five minutes after application without a powder shadow on top.
Cons - CREASE

Tips & Tricks and Final Thoughts:
If you want to use these shadows alone, you MUST apply a primer underneath. I suggest Urban Decay Primer Potion, L'oreal Decrease, or Too-Faced Shadow Insurance. However, if you don't have a primer at hand try applying some of your powder or powder foundation to your eyelids. If the powder is oil-free, it will soak up much of the oil content of the shadows, resulting in flawless, crease-less, shadows!
Overall, I love these quads. I find myself constantly reaching over and using them as a base for my eye shadows!

No comments:

Post a Comment