Friday, July 30, 2010

Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick

Good afternoon everyone! I was looking through my makeup collection a few minutes ago and decided to write yet another review! Today I'm reviewing the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 015 "Born With It". Hope this helps some of you!


Price and Amount of Product - I purchased this lipstick a few months ago at my local Rite Aid for about $7.00-$9.00. This lipstick comes with .15 oz or 4.2 g of product.


Overview and what this is: This particular lipstick is from a very interesting line of lipsticks from Maybelline called Color Sensational. Within the Color Sensational line, lipsticks are grouped in several different categories according to color, or finish. For example, a new color sensational line of lipsticks that are grouped depending on finish are called the pearls. Other categories in which the lipsticks are grouped on color include the plums, the reds, the neutrals, and the pinks. The color, "Born With It" is from the pinks line. This certain lipstick features a baby doll pink with loads of shimmer and a baby blue reflex/undertone. Additionally, it is packaged in a square cap. However, the actual lipstick is situated in a generic lipstick tube.


Like(s): I definitely like the color of this lipstick. Its a very nice blushing pink. I also find the packaging very attractive.

Pros - Packaging, color


Dislike(s): Although I find the color appealing, I also find the color to be a bit generic. This is your basic pink lipstick. I feel like the price should be lower as well. In addition, the lipstick smells horrible. Plus, I don't enjoy the finish of this lipstick. Although creamy when swatched, it seeps into the cracks of your lips. Lastly, the lipstick may contain lead from research I have done on the Internet.

Cons - Generic color, price, scent finish, lead caution


Tips & Tricks and Final Thoughts:

I find that if used sparingly and beneath a gloss, the lipstick may not seep into the cracks of your lips as noticeably as it did before.

Overall, I do not really find this lipstick special in any way. I feel like the color could be easily duped with a much cheaper, yet higher quality, lipstick. I don't recommend this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment