Thursday, August 5, 2010

Review: MAC's Lipstick in "Frenzy"

Good evening everyone! Today I'm coming at you with another review! This time, I'm reviewing MAC's lipstick in "Frenzy". Enjoy! :)

Price and Amount of Product - I purchased this lipstick at my MAC counter in Macy's for $14.50. This particular lipstick contains 3 g or 0.1 oz of product.

Overview and what this is: This particular MAC lipstick features a frost finish. Due to having this finish, the lipstick is extremely shiny and contains tons of shimmer. Additionally, the lipstick is a pinky-peach beige color (according to MAC's description). Plus, this is a permanent color. As far as the packaging goes, the lipstick is held in a sophisticated yet chic (slightly shimmery) black bullet-like case. The case has MAC written in silver block letters and has a thin line of silver underneath the name.

Like(s): I adore this product! I love the beautiful color, finish, and staying power! I also really like the packaging and appreciate knowing that a lot of effort has gone into creating this product. Also, aside from the color's beauty, it's also quite wearable--considering it's a frost.
Pros - Color, finish, staying power, packaging, effort, wearable color

Dislike(s): The only thing I dislike about the product is the price tag. Although I understand that this brand is on the less expensive side of high end products, I still don't think I should spend $15.00 on a lipstick.
Cons - The price

Tips & Tricks and Final Thoughts:
One tip to getting the most out of this lipstick is to use it sparingly. Because of its high quality formula and superior pigmentation, only a little bit of product is needed. Like the old adage says, a little does go a long way--[especially with a MAC lipstick!]. Plus, using this lipstick sparingly will help you save money. I also suggest that with a more sheer color, adding a lip gloss on top will increase the pigmentation and overall appearance of the final look.
All-and-all, I love this lipstick. I would suggest it to any one who would like to venture out into the world of department store makeup and spend the extra money. MAC is a great brand and I really suggest their lip line!

~Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment