Friday, December 31, 2010

Plum Twilight: New Years Eve FOTD

Hey everyone, today being New Year's Eve I figure that I will do a quick face of the day letting you know what I have on as far as makeup.

Eyes:
First all over the lid I applied Benefit's Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow primer. This would help my eyeshadow to stay on all night--allowing it to be both creaseless and vibrent. Second, on my eyelids, I applied a relatively light dusting of "Silk Teddy" eyeshadow by Too Faced all over the lid using my ecotools concealer brush. I then went in with my Wet n' Wild Color Icon pallete in "Lust" and used the dark, shimmery purple eyeshadow in the bottom right hand corner for my outer V/crease. (Note: This color is an EXACT dupe for MAC's Beauty Marked eyeshadow!) I applied this color with a fluffy crease brush by ecotools. Doing so would ensure that I would not over do it with this eyeshadow color--being both very pigmented and dark. After my eyeshadow colors were seamlessly blended into one another, I thickly lined my upper lash line with NYC's liquid eyeliner in "Pearlized Black, 870". I also left a little wing at the end. After, I lined by waterline with NYC's brow/eye liner pencil in black. Then, I layered Benefits Bad Gal Lash in black with Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion in very black. You're now done with the eyes!

Face:
Now onto face. Since I created a pretty dramatic look for my eyes, I decided to go light on the rest of my face. For under eye concealer I used Benefit's Erase Paste in medium. This concealer is one of the best that I have tried. It is both creamy and smooth in texture and is completely full coverage and opaque--perfect for hiding those under eye circles! For blush I used NYC's Blushable Creme Stick in "Pink Flash". I applied this directly from the stick onto my face and then blended the intese color out with an ecotools blush brush. Lastly, I applied my powder using an ecotools kabuki brush. I used Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder. This perfect powder gives me just enough coverage and sets my concealer quite nicely without being drying or cakey. It is definitely a makeup stable in my collection. Face is now complete! :)

Lips:
I kept the lips extremely neutral as well. I used Revlon's Color Burst lipstick in "Soft Nude". This great lipstick is incredibly smooth and leaves your lips feeling moisterized.

No comments:

Post a Comment